My very fabulous friend Mari contacted me last week with news of a wonderful project she is involved in. A non-profit close to her, Brighten A Corner, is going to be making over the home of a very worthy family. This family recently had quads but one went home to the Lord. The three remaining girls are going to be getting a pink and gingham nursery and Mari asked if I could create something for the space. I was originally going to do some kind of wall art but veered into the decorative box direction. The photos are poor quality as they were taken at night but I had to photograph everything when I finished it last night so that I could get it packaged and shipped this morning - the makeover will be taking place this weekend!
I had some wonderful vintage baby wrapping paper that I've been anxious to use. This project was a perfect fit.
I wanted to keep the box on the simple side as I'm not sure of the family's tastes and the paper is so cute I didn't want to embellish it too much.
Inside I placed a little surprise. The three surviving sisters are certainly angels among us while their sister is an angel above us.
On a different note, I was recently tagged by Natalea for more random facts. Here are a few:
1. If I'm recalling an embarrassing moment, I usually hum.
2. I have a certain ritual I must follow before I go to bed: Set the alarm, shake my dream ball so that I only have good dreams, check to make sure the alarm is set correctly, bless myself with holy water. Yeah, there are some OCD tendancies and Catholic guilt here!
3. After dinner, I must immediately clean up the kitchen. I cannot stand knowing that there are dirty dishes, etc. waiting for me. I like to get everything done right away so that I can relax.
4. I am a Days of Our Lives junkie. I Tivo it everyday and watch it when I get home from work. Most times I fast forward through everything except for the one or two stories I'm actually interested in.
5. Ditto for Oprah (really I don't watch that much TV!).
6. In honor of the Super Tuesday primaries tomorrow - I'm not about to take a political stance on my crafty and light hearted blog - but I will say that I take elections very seriously and thoroughly research all candidates before I make a decision. Once I make a decision, that is it - no turning back!
Have a great day!