Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm A Little Behind

Well here is a shocker, I've fallen behind again! Thank you to everyone for your kind comments on baby girl. I'm getting through all of the e-mails and comments slowly. For those of you who have asked, no, we have not come up with a name yet. We might keep that part secret once we do and reveal it when she is born. We are thinking of picking a few names and then deciding once she is here. I say that now but who knows what we will actually end up doing!


Jeff and I did start looking at baby furniture and we are making a list and getting ready to register. I don't know how you gals do this! I'm so overwhelmed with all the choices and gadgets and baby this and that on the market. I have consulted with a few friends that have already been through this process as well as the highly recommended Baby Bargains book so I think we are in fairly good shape. We don't have a large house and I hate clutter so we are trying to be realistic about what we will actually need and not fall for all of the things that look great but end up sitting around collecting dust.


Lots of other things going on as well. I finished up my first graduate level class - I'm in an online program that splits each semester into two seven week sessions so you take two classes a semester but only one class at a time. This sounds easy enough but I wasn't prepared for the amount of work one class would hold! I'm very happy to report that I got an A in my first course. Yay! I've just started the second and so far it seems like the workload is higher than the first, hence some of the reason I'm so behind in other areas of my life! I'm taking this one course at a time - I'd like to get one more in before the baby comes and then see how things work out.


I haven't had a change to take photos yet but I want to thank Natalea for hosting her first swap. It was a collaborative book entitled I Want Candy. So fun and the book is absolutely darling and now holds a special place in my craft area.


I also just received a fun giveaway prize from Ele. She sent a darling beaded baby fork, some adorable cards, and a hankie. Thanks Ele!


I'm very proud of my little sister. She ran her first half marathon a few weeks ago.


This is the arch that marked the finish line.
And this is Shelley celebrating her finish by kissing her medal. Now she says she wants to run a marathon. More power to her! I don't even think I can run a mile!

This isn't the greatest photo but I had to take it from the window or Margot would have beat a hasty retreat (she hates the camera!). She loves to hang out in the backyard and watch whatever Jeff is doing - in this photo he was picking up leaves. Its so funny, she will just stay there forever and watch his every move.

And I'm beyond excited that this lovely lady will be popping in later this week. She will be making a stop in Connecticut during her whirlwind USA tour and on her way to this event that I wish I could be at too! Check out her blog to see where she has been so far. By the time she is through I think she will have seen more of the US than I have!

Toodle loo for now,




19 comments:

Beth Leintz said...

Congrats on getting that "A"! And wow- I'm impressed that you're taking another course with baby and all- good for you!

the author said...

Yes yes, cheers on the A, the baby shopping, the sister and her marathon inspiration, and heck... just living in general! So glad to hear you're busy and a bee and doing wonderfully at it!
Miss you, but realize you're accomplishing stuff, so you go, girl!
p.s. you should possibly consider naming her Miz Smoochie ;)

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Congrats on your "A"! =)

Oh you'll have so much fun choosing baby things!

Monica said...

Wohoo one A down and 1 to go ,lol!
I don't know how you do it girl , I am so tired all the time.
Tell your sister congrats on her awesome accomplishment , I would be right beside you sitting on the starting line,lol.

Lori said...

congratulations on your A!!! and to your sister for her inspiring run, i would probably have passed out long before the finish line...LOL...what you said about Natasha, too funny...i think she has already seen more of our great land than i have!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sugar Bear,

No matter what name you and Jeff choose for the Sugar Cub it will be classy and chic...just like you!

Thanks for posting the half marathon photos and writing the kind words. Thanks also to everyone else for their congrats! It is much appreciated!

Sadly this weekend is almost over but I am looking forward to next weekend and meeting your friend Natasha! Till then work and study hard but play harder! :-)

Love Ya,
Shelley

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

WOW an 'A'...congratulations Karla and well done.

Aahhh I remember baby shopping - what fun especially when you know what it is.
Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Karla, congrats on the "A"! Yay! and good luck with registering...agh...that can be a process for sure!
glad you liked the candy book!
xox natalea

Niesz Vintage Home said...

WooHoo!!! That's for your 'A' and also for your baby girl. Oh, how much fun you'll have decorating for her.
Congratulations!

Kimberly :)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Congrats on the baby girl and on the A. I missed the baby girl news when you first posted it. What fun!

vintage girl at heart said...

so happy for you!!!!

Merci-Notes said...

Wow! I am so excited for you to see Natasha!!! AND Natasha gets to meet you!!! Perfect bliss! :)
Please tell her a big hello to her from me! :)
Hugs,
Mary
p.s.
Margot is a sweetie!

Heidi said...

Yay for your "A"! I'm sure you're very busy, I can only imagine! (Or rather...I've been there!)

One of my sisters is a runner, too. (She's NC Mom on the Run on my bloglist). OH my, I run up my stairs and back down...that's about it for me!

I love Natalea's "I Want Candy" swap book, too! So full of sweets!

Take care and get enough rest!
*Heidi*

Heidi said...

...oh, and fun FUN with Natasha! Tell her to save some of her energy for Silver Bella!!!!!

Jenn said...

Wow!! I hope you and Natasha have a great time, how neat and fun that will be =D

Good for you also with taking those classes as busy as it is making you.

Hugs,

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous post! I am totally amazed that you not only aced your class but did it with everything else on your plate! I've never had to baby shop, but when looking for shower presents, I've always been overwhelmed. It's probably more fun when it's for your own!

This was a terrific post! Tell Shelley congratulations! I still recall her sweet note so fondly!

kari and kijsa said...

Congrats!! on the the A!
Can't wait to see all your choices!!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Gina said...

Congratulations on acing your class! It's amazing with everything going on that you are able to do so many things, and so successfully!

Rosemary said...

You are amazing!!
Who cares if you are behind, we all are behind. I am!!
Have a great day. I wish you would have been at the soiree too!!!
Rosemary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity