Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Sweeties

I recently attended a beautiful bridal shower and the favors were cupcakes! I wish I had brought my camera as they were displayed in a sugary delicious tower of pastel perfection. The hostess had these cupcake boxes all around the base of the tower and you simply popped your cupcake in as you were leaving. Genius! Perhaps I have been living under a rock but I have never seen these boxes before.

They held each cupcake perfectly and allowed each tasty morsel to reach its destination unscathed.


I'll give you one guess as to how long this little beauty remained in tact...


On a yummy related note, I recently saw this in Martha Stewart Living and thought it would be the perfect hostess gift for my neighbor's July 4th party. I neglected to photograph it before I wrapped it up (and I also forgot to get clear cellophane and had to use a leftover snowman version!). It was a big hit with the kids and adults alike. The homemade marshmallows don't really hold up to an open flame very well but they were gooey and delicious none the less!


8 comments:

Lori said...

i'm guessing two bites on the cupcake...devoured in less than a minute...that's how i would have done it...your fourth of july hostess gift looks really cute...

Merci-Notes said...

Love those cupcakes! I just found a new cupcake shop in a nearby town :)
I am going to remember this idea, Merci Karla! :)

I think that your somores basket is wonderful.... for an anytime take along gift! :)
*thank you for the gooey tip. I remember when my Dad said that they used to make marshmallows and I looked at him strangely, oh Dad you are "pulling my leg!" He let me know he was not teasing me. ")

Hugs,
Mary

Jeanie said...

I'm living under the same rock -- I've never seen those boxes either!

Love the s'mores basket idea! That's so pretty!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I don't think I would have even needed the box Karla - I would have been eating that baby ASAP.
Cute cuppie.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Rosemary said...

Pretty cupcakes!! Love them!
Thanks for visiting!!
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

dont you just love weddings and cakes!! hehe I want to have a wedding I never got! Maybe once we buy a house! Ill invite ya! hehe love the 4th of july gift! So hows the slip cover coming along?!
big hugs

toodles-
sarah

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

WOW!! how gorgeous!!

Merci-Notes said...

Hi Karla!
I found some photos of couches and I know forgot where they were also! Now I can not show you!
Well, referring to this post~ I have to say again How much I love the Somores Basket!!!

Hugs,
Mary

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity