Monday, March 19, 2007

Pretty Things






I have been blessed to receive some beautiful items the past few days - okay so I bought them for myself but I digress... The first photo is of some really funky glasses - they are regular ol' drinking glasses but they have these great graphics of vintage glasses printed on them. They were featured in the latest issue of O at Home and even though I already have more glasses then I will ever need (I think the entire National Guard can indulge in lemonade at my house!) as soon as I saw them, I knew I had to have them. The second photo is of a milk glass that used to belong to my grandmother. I have always loved these glasses since the time I was a little girl. When I moved into my current house, she gave me four of them and kept two for herself. I am thrilled to have them and enjoy them everyday!


The third and fourth photos are of a beautiful lavender sachet I found on ebay. Click here to see the sellers page. I wish I had taken photos of the wrapping - but that was just before I decided to start my blog. Anyway, it came wrapped in tissue and a beautiful ribbon with a hand written note and hand written tag as well as a little pouch containing a tea bag and some hard candy - she really knows how to do things right! I have this pretty little number hanging from the closet door handle in my powder room. It brings a smile to my face everytime I see it. The detail is just amazing. It has a vintage hankie at the top and a vintage doille at the bottom and the back has just as much detail with the words love and hope - two of my favorites.
I'm gearing up for Wednesday's tea party. I hope to see everyone there! Have a wonderful evening.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog full of eye candy! I will definatley have to make a pitstop here again! I love your dog treat website too!

Unknown said...

Hi Karla, your new glasses are fun! I had to make the picture bigger to see that they were actual glasses - they really did look like they were vintage goblets. Also, very much like the glasses you got from your grandmother, and of course the wonderful lavender sachets. I love lavender - such a great smell. I bet they look lovely in your powder room. Thank you for sharing your new goodies.
allie from minneapolis
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm in love with those top glasses!! How come I can never find sets? Maybe I don't need sets? Would it be tacky to have mismatched glasses? Hmmm... I have mismatched teacups, mismatched silverware... why not glasses I guess.

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

Hi Karla,
Are those glasses in the first photo vintage also?? How neat!
I have two of the goblets you show in your second photo, but mine have a yellow kinda tint at the top..I'll have to get a photo sometime..I LOVE them ahha and I use one for paint brushes and such.

And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog..I responded over there..I always feel so weird responding on my own blog though because it's possible the person won't ever think to check for a response and that is totally understandable haahah ..I'm rambling :)

-Caitlin

nice-etc.com / caitlin said...

Oh I read too fast haah I see now that they feature vintage glass styles hehe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity