Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mom's Key

A big thank you to everyone for your kind comments on my volunteering post. It is good to know I'm not alone in my overcommitments and I'm certainly not surprised that so many of you in this fabulous community give your time and talents to worthy causes. It all comes down to helping others and that is always a good thing!


I've been going full steam ahead and finally got around to starting the key necklace I promised my mother. Right now I have it on a vintage silver chain but I'm thinking I'll add some crystals to the chain itself for more interest.


Finally got around to putting out Halloween decorations (all one small box of them!). All the pumpkins and mums are out and we are good to go right through Thanksgiving!

When I first started this blog I had intentions of sharing craft projects and ideas but also sharing fun and fabulous products that I find. A year or so ago I started keeping a list of things I like and want to remember. That list is now pages and pages long! So I figured I should spread the wealth and start sharing some things with all of my wonderful blogging friends. First up is this fabulous Lip Scrub. I found this product last year and after falling in love with it, purchased it for all of the gals on my Christmas list. It is a yummy sugary product that you rub onto your lips and wipe off with a tissue and viola! Nice smooth, lips. It is that easy! And it comes in delectable varieties like Almond Creme (my personal favorite), Chocolate, and Cinnamon Sugar. You'll be hooked!


14 comments:

Erin Earls said...

Pretty Pretty Key! She will love it. Speaking of decorations, you won the BooBoys in the drawing over at Things and Stuff. So as soon as I can I will get them to you. (I do need an address for that.) I have heard of that lip stuff, may have to try it.
Love Erin~

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Okay, I'm putting that lip scrub on my Christmas list right NOW! I am always looking for things to put on it that aren't glue guns or electric saws and other stuff I want, but my kids find "boring"! Thanks!
Lidy

Monica said...

OOh that key necklace is lovely I am sure she will adore it!
Thanks for sharing your LIP SCRUB I have heard of it before but never tried it..may just have too!

Bristol said...

I love the key and the lip scrub looks awesome!!

Bristol

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Don't you just love old keys? That will be a pretty necklace

Anonymous said...

That necklace is going to be gorgeous.

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Smooth lips are sooo important, aren't they???!!!
I love old keys and that is a good idea to add the crystals :) Yay, I hadn't thought of it!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Now that lipscrub looks great-I love nice tasting ones like Philosophy's Gingerbread man lipgloss!
And I love the key too!xx

Cape Cod Washashore said...

What a stunning necklace that is going to make for your mom! And the lip scrub sounds scrumptious! =)

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

What a sweet idea for your Mom! Love that lip scrub...need to get some of that. Thanks for telling us about it. Kindof reminds me of that sugar scrub I love so much.

Was reading your last post. What a kind sweet girl you are Karla... your heart is as good as gold! You know that song from Nemo... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming". I sing that to myself when I get really behind and overwhelmed:)

Scrappy Moments said...

Very Pretty Key, That will mke a beautiful necklace and your mom will love it.
The Lip Sugar Sounds so good, especially the chocolate variety :)

Angie

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla, the key is just gorgeous, what a lovely gift for your Mom! Loving the sound of the lip scrub! Too delicious!! Jenn and Jacqui xo

Natasha Burns said...

I love what i see of the key so far Karla. I remember a while back you were going to make something for your mom. The lip scrub looks totally delicious!!!!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

oh what a great necklace...your mom will love it....now if only my kids would make me something...oh i want some lip stuff...blessings, rebecca

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity