Friday, December 14, 2007

Snow Day

Yesterday was our first major snow storm of the season. I was in work for only a few hours before they decided to shut down early for the day. Yay! Snow Day! Our neighbors are hosting an open house this weekend. Rather then bring a hostess gift for our hosts extraordinaire, I decided to make cocoa kits for their three kids. I think they will get a kick out of these.


Here are the after effects of the storm. It wasn't too bad, maybe 5 inches or so of snow. Jeff's outside snow blowing the sidewalks now.


These trees act as the fence between our backyard and our neighbors. I think they make a lovely set of Christmas trees with the new fallen snow.


Margot doesn't mind the snow. She likes to run around in it but she was a bit timid as this is the first storm of the season and I don't think she quite remembers what to do!


A little housekeeping, I have one Silver Glitter Tree Ornament left in my shop if anyone is interested. Now I must get ready for work, I really should be out the door soon! Have a wonderful day friends.




P.S. Special thanks to Karla for hosting the fabulous Holiday Home party. I was overwhelmed by all the wonderful comments I received! I think I got to visit all of you and share in your wonderful and magical worlds!


18 comments:

Natasha Burns said...

WOW "only" 5 inches??? That sounds like 5 inches more than we ever get! Looks so magical and dreamy!
I have to ask, what is a cocoa kit?

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla, the snow is gorgeous! Margot looks adorable, does she shiver in the cold? We always wondered, don't laugh!! The trees are magnificent, thanks for showing us such besutiful sights! Jenn and Jacqui

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That may be the closest we get to snow during the holidays~ thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea for a gift...and it looks so pretty. I am loving the pictures of thesnow. As a transplant from Michigan, this is the one time I really miss snow in my life......So now I can rrelive it through everyone elses pictures!

Heidi said...

Wow, the snow is beautiful! I'm glad you're inside where it's warm on Snow Day! But, what about Margot? Isn't it too cold out there for that style photo shoot? Have a great weekend!!!

Jessi Nagy said...

gotta love a snpw day. we had one this week too!
fun!
create all day long!

hogan said...

What a sweet idea as a hostess gift!!!
Mary

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love Margot's blue sweater. But Mom! She needs some booties to keep those footsies warm. I envy you the snow, I really do. It's too warm here. Not at all like Christmastime.

Anonymous said...

Hi Isn't it weird we have snow..I almost forgot ..Ha! Ha! Loove your creations and blog.The banner is darling! Denise Hull,MA

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

thanks for joining our swap!!!!

Bristol said...

We just had snow. Loved the gifts for the kids, good idea.

My Mom loved, loved her necklace. I gave it to her early since she was having a bad day. it brought tears. thank you karla from the bottom of my heart!
Bristol

JANET said...

That snow looks like fun! Like Sandi at The Whistlestop said, we in Alabama mostly see snow through pictures.

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

well where is the recipe for the cocoa kit?? Great idea for H's little friends!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Soooo pretty!!! We had more snow last night, as I'm sure you did, too! Right now it's a FREEZING COLD RAIN... and the Patriots play in about one hour... brrrrrrr!!!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I have added you to my blog. Hope this is alright.

Alison Gibbs said...

How pretty the snow looks.
Alison

Susie Q said...

I love Margot...her face, her sweater, her name. Give her a kiss for me.
The cocoa kits are fabulous ideas and WILL be huge hits!

The snow is so pretty...

Hugs,
Sue

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Lovely images. Expecially liked the one of the bench with the snow. It looked inviting...almost...if you want a cold behind, I guess.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity