Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Day at the Orchard

This weekend we decided to take Chelsea and Jeff's niece Juli to a local orchard. We had a great day picking peaches, feeding ducks, and just spending time together.


The orchard is beautiful. Acres and acres and acres of fruit trees. You can pick apples, peaches, raspberries, and squash flowers (I LOVE these tasty buds fried with a bit of egg and bread crumbs, yum!).




Though it ended up being quite a warm day, Chelsea did great. She didn't cry or fuss at all and was happily smiling and watching all of the activity around her. She is getting to an age where I feel a lot more comfortable bringing her out and about. First time mom, what else can I say?



The clouds were so beautiful. It made me slightly mournful for the inevitable end of the beautiful weather but we still have a few good months before winter sets in. Let's enjoy them!


So I've been thinking about my blog a lot lately. I so want to be able to change the look and post more often and work on all of the creative projects that are floating around my head but alas, that is not my life right now. My days are mostly filled with Chelsea and work. Working outside the home all day makes the time with Chelsea all that much more precious and I don't want to miss these precious baby months. All this to say, my blog is taking a turn towards things that occupy my day to day life and weekends and won't be focused solely on my creative endeavors. I guess that has been pretty obvious over the last few posts but I wanted to make it official. Now, I just have to get around to attempting to play with my blog template to reflect some of these changes. Something tells me that might take a while! I do want to send a big shout out to Monica. I asked her how she made her column headers and she very generously offered to make me some. I'm quite liking them!


Another thing I think I can make some time for is Natasha's fabulous party - It's All About Me. She is giving us a very generous 6 weeks lead time so I think I can come up with some time! This party is truly unique and a wonderful idea. Check out her blog for more info or click on the icon to the left.






10 comments:

Lori said...

Karla, your column headers look great!!! what a nice thing for Monica to do for you:)

it sounds like you had a wonderful time at the orchard...the little peek of Chelsea is adorable...she sounds like a really good and sweet baby...your pics are lovely!!!

roseroomnz.com said...

Goodness she has grown Karla, not looking like a new born baby anymore. It takes a while to get back into a groove of creating etc when you are a new and working Mummy. Enjoy your baby, it goes all to quickly..... Rachaelxo

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Enjoy every minute of having a baby, Karla! And your blog will be a joyful place to record some of those moments! In the blink of an eye, I have a high schooler already... give that baby of yours a smooch on the cheek for me! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey chickadee!!
Looks like yall had a blast! I love hearing about your adventures of being a new mom and your fun times and every once in awhile a crafty thing or two! Makes me feel like were getting to become friends without even meeting. hehe but maybe one day right! just never know what the future holds. If you need help with any of your blog let me know! Ill help ya out as well! hugs

toodles-
Sarah

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Karla, beautiful headers and I love reading a slice of your life. It is a challenge to juggle work and family, I still struggle with it. Chelsea is indeed growing up. I love orchards and what a great time for you to share those experiences as a family. Hugs, Margie.

Alison Gibbs said...

Karla, Chelsea is so sweet. What a fun day out.
Alison

Jeanie said...

Well, I for one like the new "feel" of your blog tremendously -- with photos like that and such a cute little model in a bright pink hat, how could I not!

I think Chelsea may be your greatest creation, and every day as she grows more and more -- well, you want to be there and grab it! I have no doubts whatsoever that at some point you'll have time to do the art thing, too. But for now, I'm delighted to see photos of something so fun as apple picking and Chelsea, too!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I had thought my blog would be all art all the time, too, but mine ended up about 50% family stuff. I just write about my life, and that works for me. Sounds like it will for you. Good luck with the new direction! And don't worry, sooner than you know it, that little baby will be creating right along next to you and we'll be seeing both of your projects.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

can't wait to see that baby Karla!!

Natasha Burns said...

Your headers look lovely Karla!
Oh that orchard looks wonderful - is that the orchard that hubby got the apple cider from when I came to stay? Or was it the apple smoked bacon..???
Chelsea is so sweet, I can't get over how much she has grown, so quickly too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity