Friday, November 5, 2010

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

A few weeks ago I was checking out my Facebook newsfeed when I came across Monica's status stating she was making chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Immediately I was intrigued and went straight to the link she provided. There I found a new to me blog that immediately captured my attention. Amanda is full of good ideas and I knew I wanted to make these cupcakes asap! Amanda's photos are much better but here is my process starting with the cookie dough balls. These go into the freezer overnight so that they don't bake inside the cupcake. Genius! The dough also does not contain egg so no worries about raw egg contamination.

I took the easy way out and used a chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes. You simply fill the papers and plop a frozen cookie dough ball on top.


I think I put a bit too much batter in my cups as they runeth over but the frosting will fix all that.

Topped with yummy cookie dough frosting - these things are so darn good!


A cross shot of the yummy cookie dough goodness lurking within. For Amanda's full recipe and post - click here.
P.S. My blog is in the process of being spruced up by Lindsey at Sweet Simplicity Designs. What do you think? I'm going to be changing the sidebar content over the next few weeks. I'm really liking the more streamlined look and the non-squished appearance my blog had before.


16 comments:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

YUM!!! Oh these look SO GOOD! I think I'll give these a try with my kids. It sounds like a perfectly child-friendly recipe! And I'm loving your new blog look! ;) Happy Weekend!

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Oh my... These look amazing!!! They just took the #1 spot on the "to-do" list!

roseroomnz.com said...

oh divine and decadent looking! Rachaelxo

natalea said...

OMG! thanks for sharing this Karla! Must try it! Scarlet will flip! xo nat

Lulu said...

Hi Sugar Bear,

Those cupcakes were awesome! I wish I could have one everyday...anyway we can work something out? Ha ha! Love the new blog design! Oh so chic.

Love ya,
Shelley

Merci-Notes said...

I absolutely LOVE the design.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the soft grey! LOVE that! What great work she does and you two as a team!


Hoping one day i can do that also..

I am so going to make these cupcakes for Thanksgiving... because Thanksgiving REALLY deserves some Chocolate! I am also going to send this off to my sister Jayne who ate all of the chocolate marshmallow cookies with me while growing up.

xo, Mary

Jeanie said...

Oh, my -- these look fabulous. I'll have to pop over and get the full recipe. Look pretty easy, too -- and neat you can use any old cake (mix) recipe!

Dolores said...

Hi Karla.... I love the way your blog looks!
Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog......

The cupcakes look and sound soooo delicious.
I NEED to do this for my grandchildren..... all 10 of them.... goodness!
Thanks for sharing...
Big hugs!

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Karla, those cupcakes look so good...yum, yum. I am back after a years abscence (I had no computer and got to leave odd comments and odd posts)and I am amazed to see how grown up your little sweet heart is now. I am a granmother now too. Great to catch up with all my fav blogs. Hugs, Margie.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Karla, these look SO good...and something different than just the everyday cupcake!

thanks for sharing how you made them, my boys would love these.

xo Heather

ps-thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog last week.

Merci-Notes said...

OK~ now you are torchering me! I still Must make these delicious cupcakes!

Jenn said...

Wow that looks GRRRRREAT!

Andrea Singarella said...

oh good heavens! These look delicious Karla. Just what my thighs need...... :)
Thanks for sharing!!
hugs,
andrea

Lucia said...

These look amazing! I can't wait to try out the recipe. Found your blog through Lemoncholy's Flight of Fancy and am really enjoying it. Adding you to my favorites.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

YUM-O! Must try those...soon!
And I love the new look of the blog.
I soooo need to do something with mine. I'll check out the link to Lindsey's blog. Thanks!

Kimberly :-)

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity