Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Baaack!

Hi everyone! Just back from a glorious and relaxing week in Cape Cod. Jeff and I celebrated our third anniversary and spent time doing nothing in particular - a welcome escape from the daily grind. I'm an event planner and usually can't get away from planning but this year I decided to have no real plan in mind and it was so nice.


Since I didn't have much of a plan my photos are pretty random. There is a lovely little home association around the corner from the cute cottage we rent. I love to walk Margot through this area as there are some really lovely homes. This is actually one of the smaller homes but it was so crisp and clean and neat, I couldn't resist a photo. I especially like how the siding is vertical.


How cute is this? This a little guest house behind one of the area cottages. I'm not sure if it actually serves as a guest house or a shed but it is too cute either way.

I was playing around with the self timer. Margot hates the camera! I had to hold her head and as you can see - she still is avoiding looking at it. I think it is the noise. I muted the tones on the camera but the lens still makes some noise - I think she has flash backs to the Christmas photo when I take dozens upon dozens of photos.

This is what happens when Jeff takes photos! I actually think these two are kind of neat even though they are very blurry!

Maybe he does know what he is doing after all?...

I love these little "fingers" areas with docks and homes. Most of the homes are small to moderate in size and they are worth millions - check out this beast that is being built! I can only imagine what the neighbors think about this and what it is worth!


There are so many scenic areas on the Cape. I love being near the water and enjoying the breezes. We had awesome weather as well - most of the week was sunny and in the 70s with the ocean breeze - heaven!

Jeff didn't go lobstering but he did go fishing and caught quite a few. Guess what we will be eating for dinner this week...

Couldn't resist this cute little Mini Cooper outside a newly opened DD. I even saw it on the road one day with the sign and all!

There is a lovely little dock a short walk from our cottage (I wish it was ours!).

For the second year in a row I got to meet up with this lovely lady. I was spoiled! She treated me to a raspberry lime rickey (LOVE those!) and gave me one of her beautiful button pins. Plus she brought along her adorable youngest son - it was a treat to spend a bit of time with them both.

I had to throw this in for all of us antique lovers. This is the bathroom vanity in our cottage - it is an antique bureau fitted with a sink and marble top.


When we got home yesterday my Mom gave me this adorable trio of pads she found. I got to go on vacation and get gifts when I got home - what could be better?!

I'm slowly catching up with everyone - I have over 300 entries when I log into Google Reader! Bare with me!

Enjoy your day.

Hugs,



31 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

I'm most definitely going to try that Google reader - thank you for the tip, Karla! 300 entries - WOW! =) Sounds like you had a wonderful, restful time on your trip. I was sooo happy to meet up with you again! That day ended up being non-stop for us... as soon as I left Kate's I went to hubby's shop. No sooner did I get there, than an old friend of ours from South Africa surprised us with a visit 30 minutes later. Then it was off to pick my son's project at school, then a guitar lesson (just a typical day around here - I think I need your event planning help)! =) hugs! (PS - next time I hope to meet your puppy! My little guy LOVES furry pets!)

Thriftin and Craftin said...

I'm a Carla too! We have a great name, don't we? I always read your blog, but decided to pop in and say hi. Your trip looks so awesome. I went to Cape Cod years ago, but it rained the WHOLE time. We didn't get to venture out much, but I still remember it was beautiful. Glad you had such a wonderful get-away. Happy belated anniversary.

Alison Gibbs said...

HiKkarla looks like you and Jeff had a great time. fabulous to not make any plans and just let each day evolve.
Alison

MJ said...

What a lovely location to visit! Thanks for sharing the photos and taking us with you! I travel vicariously....

Anonymous said...

What a fun post. Looks like you had a great time too.

Lori said...

Karla, your vacation looks wonderful!!! i hope you had lots of fun!!! that google reader is a killer sometimes, isn't it? have fun trying to catch up...300!!! wow!!! mine has thankfully never been that full...

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh you lucky girl! Everything looks so gorgeous and that weather...perfect. I love the bathroom vanity :) And to spend time with Louise!
Congrats, congrats on the Somerset article...I need to see it!

Rosemary said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time.
Happy belated anniversary.
Rosemary

Jeanie said...

First of all, that vanity is to die for! And Wow! What a gorgeous site and beautiful place to just chill. Sometimes that is the very best -- no set plan, just playing by ear! It looks like you had a totally glorious time! The pictures are fabulous and you looked so relaxed and happy!

I do love New England, and seeing these made me feel as though I were there for a bit!

Finally, what a mom! I adored the boxes and seeing that tag, to Karla from Mom, reminded me of something my mom would have done to welcome me back! What a treat! (And I know what you mean about not wanting to always be the planner -- that happens to me, too!)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a gorgeous place for a vacation! I might get the cabin info from you for when I finally make it up to Cape Cod this year. That sink sold me on the place!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Welcome home. Looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. Love the pictures and the note pads your mom gave you are too cute!
Have a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Heidi said...

Hi Karla!
Welcome back! Looks like you and hubs had a relaxing time. I had to laugh at your husband's blury photos...just recently (at my sis's wedding) our family ALL got together, all nine of us children, which hasn't happened in over 8 years. I gave my camera to Mark, who took tons of pictures for me. Every single one of them was blury! OH WELL!!!! (I might have done better setting my timer! Next time!).

Glad you got to get away and have some "vacation" fun!
*Heidi*

Niesz Vintage Home said...

What a lovely place to get away to!
I'm determined to see the beautiful east coast this year.
Thanks for the mini tour!

I've been completely out of the blog loop this month so I'm trying to catch up on all the fun posts I missed, too.

Happy anniversary!
Kimberly :)

Artifax said...

So glad you had such a restful and fabulous vacation! Gorgeous area you were at - love both the large beach mansions and the small cottages! Whatever the size, they all have a certain "look" to them that is just beautiful!

cammy said...

Looks like your getaway was perfect. Love the picture of you and Margot....so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Whats google reader? Thank you for lovely comment on my blog! I am flattered! Looks like you had nice weather for the Cape wish we could have met! did you ever check out Ruffles N Roses in Chatham on Cape? Lorraine is a sweetheart she is selling a couple of my signs..I drool over her shop it is in Junes RH!
I am adding your blog ! Thank You Denise Nantasket Beach,Mass.

Fete et Fleur said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. You both look very happy!! I look at these photos and think I need a vacation!!

Hugs!
Nancy

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

Karla, what a wonderful vacation you had...looks SO pretty there. I would love to visit there someday. I loved seeing the pics of you and your hubby and sweet little Margot. jada will not look in the camera either???

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Karla,

You are so beautiful! Very cute pictures! And Cape Cod looks lovely. I will have to do most of my traveling this year via Blogville, as we have no big plans. China last year was the vacation for awhile :). I am taking the summer off of blogging, but still reading.

Merci-Notes said...

hmm, what is "google reader"?
Welcome home Karla! WE all missed you! I would say that the shot of Margot in the previous post (to tell us you were off on holiday) was perfect! She looked so happy to have sand under her feet!!! Warm sand, ahhh.
I too love horizontal boards... even indoors!

Have a wonderful week, and Happy Anniversary!!!

Hugs,
mary

cd&m said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Wanted to let you know that I've moved our blog:

http://catondarlingandmoore.blogspot.com/

hope to see you there soon.

Jenn said...

Oh I'm so glad that you had a good time together and got to relax!! Sounds wonderful on the Cape, it's so beautiful there.

Hugs,
Jenn

vintage girl at heart said...

So nice to see you and swett Hubby relaxing. Looks like a perfect get away!!!
Glad that you are back... you were missed!!!
Happy Anniversary!!

The Other Side of Me said...

Hi Karla,

What a wonderful vacation you must have had and Congrats on your anniversary. Thanks for sharing some of your trip with us.
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Karla! Hellloooo sweetie!! So nice to have some time to catch up on your blog, sounds like you had the perfect vacation :) Wonderful!! Loved all the photos. Love to you and Margot and Sweet Shelley too!! Jenn and Jacqui xoxo

Anonymous said...

I like the blurry photos too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Karla, your vacation/anniversary looks divine and you look so happy and relaxed. I hope the sun, surf and no pressure has made you feel physically better. You said on one of my posts you had been unwell for while. And lucky you getting to meet up with Louise!!! Rachaelxo p.s. love Google Reader but not sure if it is a time saver, I just keep adding more and more blogs to it!!!!

Jennifer Hayslip said...

Karla,
What FABULOUS photos of your Cape Cod trip. (except for the ones Jeff took) hee! hee! JK!!! WOW! It's GORGEOUS there! I can just feel the breeze and smell the salty air from my computer! hee! hee! You look so pretty in your photos! Margot is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing! XO

Bristol said...

Karla- sounds like a great time, lov ethe pictures~
Bristol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity