Friday, July 27, 2007

Fun Jewelry

I've been working on some fun jewelry for my shop. I never knew how rewarding, inspirational, and most of all fun - it would be to have a little shop. Above is a pair of pink rose earrings made from fabulous vintage Japanese plastic rose charms. I just love these guys and made a pair for myself! I'm also planning to work on some more vintage jewelry items and boxes this weekend. The weather here is kind of iffy so I should have some time - oh that and I have to finish Harry Potter! Almost there - just a few chapters to go! It is definitely bittersweet because once I turn that last page, there will be no more Harry to read! Waah! What are your weekend plans?


More yummy vintage Japanese plastic rose charms, this time in pale yellow.


I thought it would be fun to imitate some cherries - these are in Swarovski crystal and vintage glass.


I had some great vintage AB green glass beads and some fabulous Tensha rose beads, I threw in some Swarovksi cubes and came up with this bracelet.


Can you believe it is almost August?! Where did the summer go? Do you think it will come back if I ask really nicely? God Bless all of you and stay safe.


12 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

The cherries are as sweet as pie.

Design.by.Kina said...

Hi Karla! How are you?

The cherry earrings are my fav, though they're all lovely!

The GlitterFairy... said...

Love those earrings!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh...you are making such beautiful peices!! I love them all! I still have my necklace hanging right here in my studio so I can look at it.lol

FrenchGardenHouse said...

ah, those cherries are so great!!! ALl the jewelry is beautiful...I am trying to s t r e t c h my Harry out for a while. but it's hard, really, really hard.
sigh.
Lidy

Anonymous said...

Hi Karla,
Love everything, especially the earrings...they are beautiful!!

I have bought my copy of the latest Harry Potter book, but am still reading the one before it again (just to refresh my memory of what happened). So haven't started on the new one yet. I am a bit worried about who is going to die in this one!
It is sad to think that this is the end of the series.

Catch up with you again soon.
Kathy :)

Natasha Burns said...

they are all lovely Karla! love the idea you had with the cherries hanging!

Anonymous said...

Your creations are just wonderful. But the best thing is that you so enjoy making them. It's not a 'job' to you and that, I think, is the best bit!!

Cherry xxx

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Karla~ those cherries are to cute. I may just have to steal that idea. I have just the fixins!

Merci-Notes said...

Love all of your jewelry!!! Especiallt the earings!!!
I know how you feel about getting to the end of a series. weep for a lost friend.
Hugs,
Mary

Unknown said...

Karla, your earings and bracelets are so pretty!!! You've found such great beads and vintage pieces to use.

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Kim Naumann said...

I LOVE your earings! I especially like the roses :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity