Friday, July 20, 2007

Simply Divine!


Some lovely hydrangeas from our yard.
Hello again dear friends! I hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend. Hubby and I are about to take my two cousins to a baseball game and then I'll have my nose in my Harry Potter book! Gotta find out what happens before someone spills the beans! I'm steering clear of all the spoilers. It would be awful to have read so much only to have the ending ruined by poor sports!


Quite some months ago I ordered some wood letters from fellow blogger Deb at say it with letters! I kept going back and forth about what exactly to do with them. I finally decided for one set! I put up some family photos in a random pattern going up our stairs - this wall has been bare for quite some time with the exception of the schnauzer print. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it. The previous home owners had put up this strange random piece of molding that I can't stand - that is I couldn't stand until I came up with the idea to put the word Divine "on" the molding and the photos underneath. I'm very pleased with the way it came out.


It was a lot of fun embellishing the letters. My sister just loves the look and has asked me to make her a sign so Deb - another order will be placed soon! Speaking of orders, I have some fun custom orders I'll be working on this weekend as well. Thank you so much to everyone for supporting my little crafty endeavors!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good solution to the molding, it looks like you planned it that way all along :o)

Thanks so much for your comment about my lamp. For some reason, typepad didn't send me an e-mail so I could just reply, so I came here to respond :o) We do have an ikea, and there must be a HomeGoods somewhere in the county, I'm going to look it up and try them. I've been wanting to go to one forever anyway.

Did you put a living plant in your birdcage? I like that idea, and the collage. It would be fun to change it out for different holidays and seasons. I'm worried that the plant wouldn't survive very long, my living room should be lighter when I'm done with this transformation, but it's a really dark room in general and I don't know that anything I do will make it light enough for a plant. I guess I could just plan to change that out regularly too :o)

I'll be spending my day tomorrow with Harry Potter too! I've been staying spoiler free too, although I'm just dying to know what happens!

PAT said...

Nifty idea. Love how you have your devine letters.

I followed you here from Rabbit Run Cottage. I'm enjoying your blog.

I'll click on the other Rockin' Girls, too, here.

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Renee said...

Love the flowers, and I am so impressed they are in your yard. I so do not have a green thumb. Every year I buy one and managed to kill it before it is even planted outside.
They are so beautiful though! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!! It all looks so well coordinated too.

deb said...

Oh Karla! I just love what you did.. and I especially love the colors you went with! I really love them on your stairway like that. I'm going to have to post about you! :)

smileymamaT said...

That divine Photo Wall is so nice! I went to visit your etsy shop...wow! I love the 50's feel....I have that molding along my old staircae too. May be it was a design element from old houses?

Unknown said...

Karla, love the letters and really like the lay out of the framed photos and the dog print. It all works perfectly together!! Great work!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Oh wow! Those letters are GREAT! We are just redoing our daughter's room and I'd bet she'd love some letters to personalize it! =)

Charmingdesigns said...

You did a great job on your letters! love them. Laurie

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Oh I love your Schnauzer poster-it's fab!! And yesterday I spent the whole day in Harry Potter heaven.....

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Those letters are so cute... or should I say divine!
I used hydrangeas in my centerpiece of the month~ my pictures don't look as good as yours though!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Karla... I have to tell you when I got home from CHA yesterday the necklace was here and ... OH MY... I LOVE IT!!! It is just so BEAUTIFUL! I'm so happy to own a piece of your work my friend! Thanks so much! Vicki

ps. and your hydreangea are so beautiful and I love what you did with your letters. They look great in that arrangment!

cammy said...

Your hydrangeas are amazing Karla. Love the color!

Design.by.Kina said...

Karla, I absolutely love that staircase wall. I love the way you arranged the pics, and the contrast of the large art with the smaller frames... and I adore the "divine" wording....SOOOO CUTE!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity